October 15, 2008

Back on Track?

Hey everyone . . . it's been a little bit. As you can see by the post below, I'm still trying my hand at the whole writing bit. I think I'm going to be finally getting back on track with the whole writing. Hopefully it'll get me back into my novel. My girlfriend (Miss Guilt in Black Panties) keeps telling me that I'll have it done by the end of the year - we'll see.

I really do hope I get it done. There are a couple of factors that are falling into the not category. One is that the holiday season is rapidly approaching (actually starting with this week)which means that dozens of games are releasing in the next month and a half - which means I'll be exceptionally busy at work which takes up most of my days. Plus I've been out of it for quite some time so hopefully I'll be able to ricochet back from my writing slump.

On the upside, however, I did just get a new laptop from Dell that will allow me to write whenever and wherever I feel. The last is the most important. I just can't seem to write when I'm at home, despite getting a two-bedroom apartment precisely for a writing/reading room. Oh well. Now I have my new laptop, I'll be able to write wherever, as long as I have some music to help inspire me and give me a rhythm to write to.

On a similar note, the Authoress is having a Secret Agent contest in which yours truly has been entered as Post 43. Please leave some good feedback for me. It is the first 250 words from my first novel, which Joe Keck is reading and editing for me currently, so it'll most likely be in very rough (and bleeding) shape when I get it back, but it needs it.

Until next time.

Justin

3 comments:

Skeeter said...

Yep, it's going to be battered, bruised and bleeding when Cousin Joe finishes with it, but it will be thoroughly examined. There's something very good in getting the official "treatment" for free :-)

That new laptop is cool. Now get some writing DONE with it.

Best wishes,

Skeeter

PS. You've got a most excellent girlfriend, sir. Triple bonus points awarded. One extra point will be awarded for finishing the writing task by year's end.

Katie said...

You will get it done. Or at least you better. Otherwise I'll get my third book done and you'll be behind :)

Skeeter said...

Write more! Do it now!!!

Thanks.